Friday, 26 April 2013

Lovers' Knot Shrug Crochet Pattern - Inside Crochet Magazine Issue 41

Wedding season is most definitely in the air and I have already received my first invitation to a friend's wedding so I was delighted to have the opportunity to design a crochet pattern for Inside Crochet magazine's special wedding May issue that comes out today. 

I decided on an ornate, light and airy shrug to compliment either a wedding dress or just simply for that special outfit.

I also selected the Lover's Knot stitch which is very similar to the Solomon Knot stitch, also known as the Half Knot stitch. I thought that stitch would be appropriate for such a romantic occasion as well as give the shrug the drape I was looking for.

This pretty shrug is inspired by Spring's warming sun, fresh colours and romantic feelings and is complimented with finer detailing of a picot edge and flowers, all made with Sublime Egyptian Cotton DK yarn which gives the shrug its beautiful drape.

As you can imagine I was also very excited to see the photographs of the modelling session and honoured to discover I had two beautiful models model my shrug for the magazine of which both made the shrug look stunning.

I was also delighted to discover my Lovers' Knot Shrug pattern made the front cover! As you can imagine I have become a very delighted crochet designer and I hope you enjoy crocheting this shrug as much as I have enjoyed designing it.

Issue 41 also has lots of other beautiful designs too for your own home-made wedding such as Tracey Shears Wedding Dress and Claire Montgomerie's Wildflower Buttonholes as well as lots of other inspiring ideas for your special day.

Issue 41 of Inside Crochet is on sale today, 26th April 2013 in local stores such as WHSmiths. 

Inside Crochet magazine is also available in various US stores and as a digital subscription. 

For more information please visit www.insidecrochet.co.uk

Happy crocheting everyone and thank you Inside Crochet! (^-^)