Thursday, 16 May 2013

Quick and simple crochet heart bracelet pattern


I adore crocheting little hearts and what better to amalgamate a few into a gorgeous bracelet which would surely delight any crochet jewellery lover out there. It is also a wonderful way to use up some scrap pieces of yarn.

This pattern uses a silky 100% cotton DK yarn (light worsted weight) called Rico Design Essentials Cotton DK which gives a lovely finish for finer projects. Perhaps a little 'strandy' to work with but it is worth sticking with for the results.

So I picked colours Berry and Silver and I used a 2.5mm crochet hook, you can use up to a 3.5mm crochet hook though but bigger hooks will make slightly bigger hearts.

To start you need to make on average about 10 hearts, you may need to crochet more or less hearts depending on your required sizing.

To make the hearts you will be working different stitches into a magic circle which can be tricky so you may prefer to chain 4 stitches to start, slip stitch into your first chain to form a loop and then work these stitches into that loop. Whatever is easiest for you.

Step 1 - Making your hearts
Crochet [4tr, 3dc, 1tr, 3dc, 4tr] into your magic circle, pull to tighten and sl st into the centre of your loop to finish. Leave long tails at the beginning and the end to sew your hearts together.

You can watch my video here on how to make the hearts as well.


Step 2
Now you need to sew your hearts together.

 

Take both your tail ends and using a yarn needle sew them into the bottom stitch of your next heart.



Now thread your ends back into the centre of your previous heart. Repeat this step once more until stitching is firm and hide your tail ends in your work.


Repeat this until you have connected all your hearts.

Then all you need to do is to use the remaining tail ends to tie your bracelet onto your wrist. You may prefer to sew your starting heart's tail ends to the bottom of your heart.

And now you're done!


I hope you enjoyed that quick tutorial. Stay inspired and happy crocheting!


 

© HappyBerry This pattern can not be reproduced in any way without credit given to HappyBerry. This includes copying and pasting into another blog or website, and filming the pattern for use on YouTube. You can however print it off for personal use or for use in a crochet group. Thank you.

18 comments:

  1. I love this!!!! Will have to make some for gifts for family and friends.... You are so talented!!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou Patricia for your such sweet comment!! Always makes my day to hear someone has enjoyed my designs. Happy crocheting!! (^-^)

      Delete
  2. I love this, it so pretty...i want to learn more deign from you.



    Thank you
    http://triplemj.com/shop/heart-wrap-bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank for the tutorial it's great !!
    And the bracelet is so cute and easy, right now I'm making some for the school fair ;)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so wonderful! I am so pleased you enjoyed this tutorial (^-^)

      Delete
  4. the heart bracelet is so cute my nieces will love it. thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Donna, I am so happy you like it.

      Delete
  5. A really cute idea, will make great gifts. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Redlindy, so glad you like the pattern!

      Delete
  6. Such a nice bracelet - I will make it for myself and my grandchild! Thanks a lot for sharing it with us crochet lovers all over the world!!! Greetings from Denmark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou JuttaCornelia! I am so happy you like the pattern and a big hello to beautiful Denmark (^-^)

      Delete
  7. What a cute bracelet! Thank you for posting this! ;)

    ______
    Lee Ann H
    Posted with Blackberry Z10!
    Crochet...Gotta Love It! Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Lee Ann, I am glad you enjoyed it! (^-^)

      Delete
  8. very beautiful..!!!!!! muy lindo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey there! This is so wonderful! I followed every step from your video on how to create hearts and I was able to do it. Unfortunately, I don't know how to connect the hearts. I'm so excited to finish my own bracelet. Hopefully you can help me, try uploading again a video or more photos showing how you connected the hearts. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bubbly Heart (what a lovely username!) This heart bracelet has been very popular so I think a video on it in full would be very useful. I shall put this on the to-do list. Thank you very much for your sweet comment (^-^)

      Delete
    2. Yehey! I'll wait for your video. I really wanted to finish my work. It's so nice of you sharing this crochet pattern. I've been searching for crochet ideas or patterns but they always come with price tag. But when i found out this blog I was very happy. I learned how to crochet a heart for the first time. For me this heart bracelet is so great. I'm also hoping for more patterns from you... Again, thank you.

      Delete