Thursday, 30 January 2014

Forget-Me-Not Yarn Scrap Fridays - Forget-me-not Flower


One evening I came up with the idea of starting a new series every Friday called Forget-Me-Not Fridays with the idea of using up small amounts of yarn to make small crochet projects.


The idea being to then give them to someone to cheer them up! This could be an elderly neighbour, a relative you haven't spoken to in some time or even someone you have fallen out with and you don't know how to make amends, perhaps even just a stranger on the street who looks like they cheering up. You can of course just enjoy the free video tutorial and pattern! (^-^)

Each week I will share a free crochet pattern via a video tutorial on my YouTube channel and also here on my blog. As I didn't plan to write up the patterns as well this written pattern has come a bit late but someone has requested the written versions as well so from now on I shall release both versions on Fridays as best as I can!

So what did our first pattern bring? As the new series is called Forget-Me-Not Fridays I thought what better than a small Forget-me-not flower. Very quick and easy to make and all you need are some short lengths of yellow and blue/purple yarn.

So what will I need?

- Blue or purple yarn (I used DK/Light worsted weight yarn)
- Yellow yarn (I used DK/Light worsted weight yarn)
- 3.0mm crochet hook or any hook that is suitable for the yarn you are using
- Yarn needle and scissors

Round 1
Using your yellow yarn ch4, sl st in 1st ch to form loop, crochet 10sc into loop, join blue yarn with sl st to join round - (10)

You can alternatively work 10sc into a magic circle, pull to tighten and join your blue/purple yarn with a sl st to join round - (10)

Round 2
*[1sc, 1dc, 1tr] in next st, ch1, sl st in previous tr, [1tr, 1dc, 1sc] in next st* repeat from * to * another 4 times until you have 5 petals, sl st in next st (same st as first half of first petal), fasten off and tie in all tails.

And now you're done! (^-^) Have fun and happy crocheting. Any questions just pop by my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/happyberrycrochet 

For more free video tutorials and patterns then do pop by my YouTube channel here: www.youtube.com/happyberrycrochet

Happy crafting folks!






© HappyBerry This pattern can not be reproduced in any way without credit given to HappyBerry. This includes copying and pasting into another blog or website, and filming the pattern for use on YouTube. You can however print it off for personal use or for use in a crochet group. Thank you.