Friday, 7 February 2014

How To Crochet a Simple Heart - Chaining Method

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, my thoughts are turned to making anything heart related although I should probably plan some kind of Valentine related event for the husband at some point! *oops*

So a while ago I designed a very quick and simple heart but it used the magic ring method which I know some of you prefer not to use. So I thought I would look at that heart design again and see if I can perfect it a little more or simplify it even more. Let's see!



You will need

  • Any yarn, I used DK/Light worsted weight yarn in a variety of pinks and purples
  • 3.0mm crochet hook or any hook that is suitable for the yarn you are using 
  • Yarn needle and scissors



Heart

Step 1
Ch4, sl st in 1st ch to form a loop

Step 2
Crochet 5sc into loop, sl st in 1st sc to join round - (5)

Step 3
Ch3 (count as st), 1dc in same st as chs (the one you sl st into earlier), 2dc in next st, [4tr, 1sl st] in next st, 4tr in next st, 2dc in next st, 1dc in 'fake' last st (I say fake because this stitch is not actually a stitch, you would normally just sl st into the top of your chains to join the round but I want you to add an extra dc here), now sl st in top of 3ch to join - (16)

Fasten off and tie in all tails.

So simple yet so cute! I hope you like it too. Why not make lots of heart and use them as confetti on a table for a romantic meal, or perhaps make them into earrings, or just make them for fun for you! (^-^)

Any questions just pop by my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/happyberrycrochet 

For more free video tutorials and patterns then do pop by my YouTube channel youtube.com/happyberrycrochet

Happy crafting folks!






© HappyBerry This pattern can not be reproduced in any way without credit given to HappyBerry. This includes copying and pasting into another blog or website, and filming the pattern for use on YouTube. You can however print it off for personal use or for use in a crochet group. Thank you.